NOTE: If you clicked this page because you suspect fraud on your account, call us IMMEDIATELY toll free at 877-888-8550.
Protecting your personal information is our first priority. That's why we have taken many steps to make your online banking experience as safe as possible, and we are continually looking for ways to improve the security of our online services.
Debit Card Authorization
Signature Bank of Arkansas would like to ensure that your card usage is free of hassles and unnecessary charges. Please see the helpful tips below, and remember that if you need assistance, do not hesitate to contact your banker.
When you pay for a purchase with your debit card, the merchant processes your card through a terminal, which places an "electronic hold" on your account; the merchant is then assured of receiving payment for goods sold or services rendered. When the merchant settles their card transactions (usually the same day, but possibly longer) your purchase amount is transferred from your account to the merchant's account and the "electronic hold" is then released.
Other checks you have written may occasionally be presented for payment prior to the "electronic hold" being released. If this occurs, your account could be subject to insufficient funds or overdraft fees depending on your available balance and if you requested overdraft protection on these transactions.
To avoid unintended fees, make certain that you have available funds in your account before you initiate debit card transactions. Please remember that the amount of any overdraft privilege on your account is included in your available balance and may be accessed via a debit card transaction at a merchant or at an ATM if you have chosen to Opt-In to overdraft protection for debit card and ATM transactions.
Tips to Remember:
- Treat your card like cash. Protect it and keep it in a safe place.
- Report a lost or stolen card immediately. Call the Hotline at 1-800-383-8000.
- Select a Personal Identification Number (PIN) with care and keep it secret.
- Always keep track of your account balances to avoid unintentional overdrafts.
- Never disclose confidential information over the phone or unsecured internet sites.
- When using your card along with your PIN, funds are transferred immediately from your account.
- When using your card along with your signature, an authorization hold is placed on your account by the merchant.
- When using your debit card at certain merchants (such as hotels, car rental agencies, and gas stations), these transactions frequently require an authorization prior to the merchant knowing the actual dollar amount of goods or services sold. As a result, they may authorize more than the amount of the intended purchase, sometimes up to twice the anticipated charge. Therefore, using a credit card versus a debit card to pay for these types of transactions can keep your checking account balance from being tied up in multiple or higher dollar amount authorizations.
My debit card transaction has been declined, what do I do?
During banking hours, you can call Customer Service at (877) 888-8550 and talk to one of our Customer Service Representatives. They will be able to assist you with all of your banking needs. If it is after business hours and you suspect fraud has occurred with your debit card transactions, you can call our Fraud Ops Hotline at (866) 508-2693 or if you are out of the country then dial (515) 558-7608 for assistance.
Have you been called by a number you didn't recognize (515)###-####?
Another feature on your Signature Bank of Arkansas Debit Card is a tracking system that will monitor your Debit Card transactions and notify you if there is a chance of fraudulent transactions. They will call you (the number should show up on your phone with the 515 area code) to verify that certain transactions were initiated by you. If you tell them you did not initiate the transaction(s), for your protection, they will cancel your debit card. (Please remember that they will never ask you for confidential information).
Secure Login Information
As part of our ongoing effort to protect you, Signature Bank of Arkansas introduced an added level of security to our online banking features. While the addition of this security measure may take a couple of moments the first time you access your information, the protection it provides is much more significant. You will be presented with a screen that provides your contact information in a masked format. From the available options, choose where you would like a Secure Access Code to be delivered. Once you have the Secure Access Code, enter it into the next screen and click submit. If you have questions please call us toll free at 877.888.8550.
Phishing emails could be produced fraudulently under the name of Signature Bank. If you have received an email from Signature Bank asking you to click on a link and verify any personal account or password information, delete it immediately and DO NOT RESPOND. It is NOT our practice to send you an unsolicited email to collect or verify this or any other account information.
Our current internet-banking product is secure and no email lists have been compromised. Frauds like this involve sending spam email to thousands of random email addresses in geographical proximity of the bank, hoping to reach bank customers.
If you received a fraudulent email, please contact us at 479.643.3700 or 877.888.8550 immediately. This will enable us to research the issue and take any action that we deem necessary.
- Avoid The Risks: Don't email personal or financial information. Email is not a secure method of transmission.
- Look for Cover: Look for a "lock" icon on your browser's status bar or a URL for a website that begins "https:" (the "s" stands for "secure") before you choose to initialize any transaction.
- Be on Guard: Review credit card and bank account statements immediately to scan for unauthorized charges. If your statement is late by more than a couple of days, call your credit card company or bank to confirm your billing address and account balances.
- Report Suspicious Activity: If you get spam that is phishing for information, forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe you've been scammed:
1. Call Signature Bank of Arkansas at 877.888.8550 immediately.
2. Contact the three major credit bureaus and request that a fraud alert be placed on your credit report. (Equifax 800.525.6285; Experian 888.397.3742; TransUnion 800.680.7289)
3. File a complaint at http://www.FTC.gov or 877.382.4357.
4. Visit the FTC's Identity Theft web site at www.ftc.gov/idtheft to learn how to minimize your risk of damage from ID theft.
Signature Bank invites you to take a whimsical look at a serious subject. Please click here to watch a video produced by the Commonwealth of Virginia's Information Technologies Agency (VITA), about information security.